The Typing Program and Computer Tutor for the Blind and Visually Impaired!
Supports JAWS 13 through 2023, and ZoomText Fusion 2018-2023, up to Windows 10, Networked Computers, One-Hand Typists, Laptop Keyboards,
And basic Braille Input Support using the Power Chord Braille Keyboard.
Now Compatible with
Latest TypeAbility Version Info
TypeAbility for JAWS, version 4.4.4, released November 18, 2022. Compatible with:
- Fusion 2018 through 2023
- JAWS 13 through JAWS 2023
TypeAbility 4.4.4 has the following fixes
- Compatible with JAWS 23 and Fusion 23
- Compatible when Windows Display Settings is set to display apps and text at higher magnifcation than the default
- JAWS speech was sometimes distorted when opening or closing TypeAbility
For both children and adults who need to learn to type and use the computer, TypeAbility is the easiest, most enjoyable and most affordable of all typing programs.
It is possible to run TypeAbility with the demo version of JAWS. Just realize, JAWS will time out after 40 minutes
- TypeAbility for JAWS, uses the speech capabilities of the JAWS screen reader.
- TypeAbility for Fusion uses the speech capabilities of JAWS and the screen magnification of Zoomtext..
TypeAbility is currently being used by individuals and school districts around the English-speaking world, to teach blind and visually impaired students the keyboard skills necessary for typing and using a computer.
Teachers are amazed at how engaged the students become while doing their lessons. TypeAbility is so easy to use, that it only takes a few lessons with an assistant before the student is off and running through the 99 graduated lessons.
Note that for JAWS 8 through 12, use TypeAbility 4.3.1.
To learn more about TypeAbility, click this link.
To download instructions for installing TypeAbility 4 click this link
To download TypeAbility Help, click this link
To Download TypeAbility Quick Hotkey Help, click this link